Friday, February 22, 2008

Highschool Boy Builds Bicycle Entirely Out Of Wood

woodbike-1.jpg

16 year-old high school student Marco Facciola built a bike out of wood. I'm talking every part is made out of wood. Pretty damn impressive. "Marco had to complete this as a non-academic project for his International Baccalaureate, and inspiration came from his grandfather, forced to make wooden wheels for his bike during the war due to rubber shortages." Well props to both you and your grandfather, I'm sure he's proud. Say, mind if I take it for a ride? I'm working on a stunt spectacular where I set a bike on fire and jump over cats in my driveway. No I can't use my own bike Marco, it won't burn right.

Hit the jump for several close-ups of the amazing wooden gears and chain.

closeup-1.jpg

closeup-2.jpg

closeup-3.jpg

closeup-4.jpg


No comments: